Inspiration from The Chelsea Flower Show
New trends in garden design
If you’re looking for inspiration for your garden, looking at what other people have already done is a great place to start. Go to a garden show to pick up ideas. The best of the best shows takes place in the grounds of the Royal Hospital Chelsea every May.
Latest trends from Chelsea this year:
1. Rocks featured ‘heavily’ in many of the show gardens and the fabulous sculptures.
2. Weeds! If you still haven’t got round to weeding this summer,although not quite as prevalent as in previous years, you’ll be pleased to hear that there was quite a bit of cow parsley on display.
After all, a weed is just a plant in the wrong place isn’t it? As landscape gardeners Gloucestershire we can help turn your weedy garden into a stunning landscaped area.
3. Foxgloves. A firm favourite with me, were being used in many of the show gardens.
Foxgloves are biennials, which means they flower every other year. If you buy some in flower this year, leave the seed heads for flowers the year after next.
4. Colour, colour, colour. Was everywhere.
You may think this is normal at a flower show but for years the trend was for cool pastels. Not so now.
5. Cars in a garage are perhaps not what you might expect to see at a garden show, but for me this really worked!